Senior Technical Writer
Based in Bologna, Italy, devDept was founded in 2006 with the commitment to deliver easy-to-use CAD software components to the engineering industry. The development team consists of a unique mix of programmers, mathematicians, and engineers.
devDept's software components power nearly 1500 unique applications running on millions of computers worldwide. They are used in a wide range of industries including CAD/CAM/CAE and AM, scanning and metrology, medical, dental, BIM, construction, mining, and other large capital asset industries.
Customers include TRUMPF, Siemens, Amada, Porsche, Honda, Boeing, Rolls-Royce, CLAAS, Samsung, Mitutoyo, Komatsu, and Hexagon.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Senior Technical Writer for our Bologna office.
Effective documentation is vital in every area, and right now we are rethinking our guides, samples, tutorials, and articles to create a friendly, accurate, first-class documentation system to help developers to learn and master the language with ease and convenience.
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to join our team and drive these processes. You will be working in close collaboration with development, support, and QA teams, to produce first-class documentation for Eyeshot.
- Create clear technical documentation for Eyeshot
- Write samples, including materials targeted at developers.
- Collect and analyze various scenarios of using Eyeshot and create tutorials
- Maintain and improve the existing documentation
- Work closely with the development team to get a clear understanding of how the product works
- Communicate with developers using our products to understand their needs
- Analyze the needs both of new and experienced users and help them learn the product efficiently
- Manage the production and publication of documentation
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience of software development
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent writing skills and strong editing, formatting, and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly understand and experiment with new technologies
What you can expect from us
At devDept you will find a friendly working atmosphere in a young and international team. We do not believe in strict structures and rigid ways of thinking, but instead offer diverse tasks and encourage flexible development that goes beyond flexible working hours. Interested? Then get in touch with us! We look forward to your application.
Only complete applications will be accepted for the application process.
Download PDF Apply
This announcement is addressed to people of any sex, pursuant to laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, pursuant to legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
Share this open position